December 28, 2010

Proud to myself...

I am so proud to myself... =)
I've been drinking lots of water as of late.
Which is good...
During the first half of the month, I drank so much Dr. Pepper that I thought I was going to explode.

I don't ever want to feel like that again.

With the weather being a bit cooler, I find I get myself into a funk.
Yes, I live in Arizona - No, we don't get too bad of winter weather.
But I miss my WARM days.

So it's going to take EVERYTHING plus focus to get me thru the next 60-90 days. That means I am going to have to take advantage of EVERY SINGLE sunny day there is and get my ample bottom OUTSIDE.

I am working to collect recipes for my meal plans now and loading up my iPod... and looking to find different (and free ways) to get my exercise in.

I am ready to change my life.

 - - - - - -

The kids and I went for a 3 mile bike ride today. It was sunny and 60 degrees! We have recently moved out to the "country." Not a lot of bike paths, but we were able to go around our community. It was a nice ride!

For dinner we had chicken (a little EVOO to brown and then simmer in Chicken Broth, then added spices), and pasta, and then steamed brussel sprouts. Oh and slices of apple. Instead of making the customary 5 chicken breasts (for our family of five), I made three. We each got a smaller portion, but more veggies and apples. The kids didn't like the sprouts too well, but at least they tried them. My littlest one, Nic, hardly ever eats dinner anymore. He wants to snack all of the time, and if I have unhealthy snacks in the house, that's what he eats. We've been forcing him to stay at the table and eat a little something each night because we are worried about his nutrition. Tonight, he ate all of his chicken, his pasta, and 4 apple slices (with a little bit of Peanut Butter). I couldn't believe it.  Shocked.

I am sitting down now to work on menu plans for January!

No comments:

Post a Comment